1. Eligibility Requirements
EP does not knowingly collect or solicit Personally Identifiable Information (as defined in Section 2) from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to make donations. If we learn that we have collected Personally Identifiable Information from anyone under the age of 13, we will delete that information.
2. Information We Collect
We gather two types of information about users, including non-personal information and Personally Identifiable Information. More information around these types of information is outlined below.
2.1 Personally Identifiable Information
When you use the Services, we collect Personally Identifiable Information that you provide when you join our mailing list or request to receive newsletters, inquire about employment with EP, apply for the EP Fellowship, inquire about becoming a Partner, sign up for an event with EP, send an email to EP through our website, complete surveys, or donate to EP. “Personally Identifiable Information” may include your name, address, email address, and other similar information that can be used to identify you. We may also collect and/or track usage information, which is information generated automatically as you navigate through the Services. Among other things, we may use this Personally Identifiable Information to send information about our Fellowship programs, respond to questions, provide information around the products your select, share information with external audiences (such as donors), and send newsletters and emails about EP. Some information we collect that you do not provide may be able to identify you and, in such instance, we will treat that information as Personally Identifiable Information.
- Newsletters and email updates – In order to subscribe to receive EP’s newsletter and email updates, you are asked to provide such information as your name, email, and other Personally Identifiable Information. At any time, you are able to opt out of receiving email updates from EP by clicking the “unsubscribe” button in any newsletter that you receive.
- Surveys – from time to time EP distributes surveys to network members to gather input and feedback on its services. Information collected may include both Personally Identifiable Information and other information, such as name, email, current location, and others. Other information collected relates to the experience and perception of EP’s stakeholders.
- Communication with EP – When you email or contact EP for any reason, we may receive Personally Identifiable Information.
- Fellowship and Partner Applications – In order to apply for the EP Fellowship or to become a Partner with EP, you will need to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as, but not limited to, your name, email address, race and ethnicity, home address, phone number, resume, school and employment history.
- Employment – If you apply for employment with EP, you will be asked to provide Personally Identifiable Information such as name, address, phone number, resume, educational background, most recent salary, race and ethnicity, and potentially other information retaining to the needs of the position.
- Event Registration and Webinars – If you sign up to attend an event with EP, including in person events and virtual webinars, you may be asked to provide Personally Identifiable Information such as your name, email, phone number, current city, and other data.
- Alumni Directory – For Alumni that choose to participate in our Alumni Directory, we house and collect Personally Identifiable Information such as name, email, address, phone number, current job information, and other information. Alumni can opt out of this directory at any point and only certain information is shared widely with Alumni in our network.
- Donations – When you donate to EP through our website, you will be required to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as name, address, phone number, billing information, and email address. EP uses a third-party vendor to process all online donations and while credit card information is collected, is not housed on EP’s server and our staff does not have access to this data.
We may also use web beacons to access our cookies. A web beacon is an electronic file on a Web page that allows us to count users who have visited that page and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. Further, a web beacon can be used in HTML-formatted email to determine responses to our communications and measure their effectiveness. You can avoid web beacons by turning off HTML display and displaying only the text portion of your email.
3 How We Use and Share Your Information
3.1 Non-Personal Information
We use non-personal information collected from users of the Services in the aggregate, so that we can improve the Services and business that we are providing to our users through our Site and other ways of engagement. This aggregated information may involve cookies.
3.2 Personally Identifiable Information
Generally, we use the Personally Identifiable Information that we collect from you to provide you with the Services, support and enhance your use of the Services, allow you to evaluate your eligibility for such products or services, to monitor which features of the Services are used most and to allow us to determine which features we need to focus on improving. If you choose to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information with EP’s systems and servers.
When you provide us with Personally Identifiable Information via any forms, surveys, applications, or other online fields on the Service, you consent to receive periodic informational or promotional mail or e-mail, including our newsletter, from EP or from third parties on EP’s behalf. You may opt-out of these communications at any time following the instructions set forth in the communications, or if no instructions are included, then by contacting us at the Contact Us information below.
- Newsletters and email updates – We utilize contact information that you provide via the newsletter sign up to send email messages and newsletters related to EP and our work and services.
- Surveys – EP uses information from surveys to both improve our products and Fellowship experiences but may use Personally Identifiable Information to update any records or information related to you as an individual to support in future engagement and contact.
- Communication with EP – When you contact us, we may use the information provided to respond to your request and provide you with the necessary information. We may also archive your information to communicate with you in the future about EP in general.
- Fellowship and Partner Applications – We use Personally Identifiable Information provided via the Partner and Fellowship application to respond to your requests and assess your alignment and fit for EP’s programs. We may archive and use information for future communication and engagement. When you submit an application to EP, you authorize EP to release application information to our Partner organizations to support in the matching and placement process.
- Employment – If you apply for employment with EP, we will use the Personally Identifiable Information to evaluate your application and respond with the information requested. We may archive and use information for future communication and engagement.
- Event Registration and Webinars – We use Personally Identifiable Information provided through event and webinar registration to allow us to communicate with you around the event and other relevant topics. We may archive or use the Personally Identifiable Information to support in future communication around EP.
- Alumni Directory – If you choose to participate in the Alumni Directory, your Personally Identifiable Information that you provide will be used to support Alumni connecting and engaging with each other and allow EP to have accurate and updated data on its Alumni network. Please note that if you participate, your Personally Identifiable Information will be shared with other participants. We may archive and use this Personally Identifiable Information to support in future engagement around EP and its services and share in aggregate with external audiences, such as donors.
- Donations – We use Personally Information collected when making a donation through our website to allow us to process your donation. We may archive the information collected in future communications. See section 3.3 below for additional information on donation processing.
3.3 Donor Information
3.4 Diagnose Website Problems
EP uses your Internet Protocol (IP) address to help diagnose problems with our computer server, and to administer the Website. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic data. It is not stored or linked to your personal profile information, such as name or contact information.
3.5 Service-Related Announcements
We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. You may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature.
3.6 Customer Service
4 Other Disclosure of Your Information
4.1 Aggregated Data
EP may share aggregated usage and log data collected from users of the Services with third parties for industry analysis and demographic profiling, but such aggregated data will not include any Personal Identifiable Information.
4.2 Third Party Service Providers
EP also uses social media to engage its network and provide its services. EP does not control these social media sites, which have their own policies and users should review prior to engaging with ese entities. Information posted on social media sites can be seen by all, so EP advises against posting personal and sensitive information on these sites.
4.3 Law Enforcement
EP cooperates with government and law enforcement officials, agencies and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials, agencies or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal processes (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of EP or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
4.4 Business Transfers
5. Updating Your Personally Identifiable Information and Preferences
If your Personally Identifiable Information changes, or if you no longer desire our Services, or if you wish to update your preferences to receive email or other communications from us, you may correct, delete inaccuracies, or amend your Personally Identifiable Information and preferences by contacting us at email@example.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond to your access request within 30 days.
6. Retention of Personally Identifiable Information
It is our policy to use commercially reasonable efforts to protect Personally Identifiable Information against unauthorized access or release. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet, and any information you transmit to EP you do at your own risk.
8. Individual California Residents
California residents may choose to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes or choose to opt out of such disclosure. To make a request or to opt out at any time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or the other contact information provided below. It is important to note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosures made for non-marketing purposes.
9. Third Party Links
We may provide links to third-party websites. If you follow links to sites not affiliated or controlled by EP, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions. EP does not guarantee and is not responsible for the privacy or security of these sites, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of their information.
11. Users Outside the United States
12. Contact us
177 Huntington Ave, Suite 1703-14991, Boston, MA 02115