The EP Impact Fellowship is an intensive, 10-month experience that helps turn rising leaders' skills and passions for social good into new, tangible leadership opportunities — supporting educational equity and advancing careers, at the same time.
Applications for the 2021 Impact Fellowship are now open. Apply by June 8 for Final Round consideration.
My experience was transformational. The combination of [my] placement, cohort experience, & networking access was unparalleled.
Impact Fellowship Overview
CREATE IMPACT: Long-term Placement in Education
Fellows serve a 10-month placement within a leading education organization. You’re matched with a project to advance data leadership or another strategic priority — where the skills and experience you bring can make the biggest impact, and where we believe you can grow and contribute beyond your role. We prioritize placements in data & analytics and strategic project management. Fellows are managed by an invested supervisor, and directly embedded within a team and organization.
PRIORITY AREAS: The Work You'll Do
We're seeking strategic, creative problem solvers who have expertise in data, analysis, and project management.
EP recruits and places Impact Fellows in roles in data, analysis, and strategic project management. Our Fellows who have expertise in these areas support our Partners who work on behalf of students, teachers, and families.
GROW AS A LEADER: Targeted Professional Development
Working in a high-stakes, complex sector like education requires thoughtful leadership. Through 10 months of workshops and targeted learning opportunities, you’ll focus on growing as a transformational leader for the education sector and the world at large. You’ll learn about the impact of effective leadership on local and national education landscapes. EP helps you develop and practice leadership competencies to increase your impact during your Fellowship and beyond. Throughout the experience, you’ll get to explore and reflect on why you are driven to become a changemaker on behalf of children, families, and communities.
BUILD COMMUNITY: Connections for Life
When we ask our Alumni what was the most meaningful aspect of their Fellowship experience, the answer always starts with the connections they made to other EP Fellows and the network they gained. As an Impact Fellow, you will join a diverse and dynamic cohort of peers that you will build deep relationships with and who will become part of your professional community. Through programming, peer learning communities, and other opportunities, you will work to get to know and support each other in your own placement experiences.
At the same time, you will gain exposure to our 4,500+ strong Alumni network, who work to make an impact for students and their communities nationwide. Our Alumni will serve as mentors, guest speakers, and even support your onramp into the Alumni network once the programs comes to an end. They hail from diverse personal and professional backgrounds, just like you and your cohort! As an EP Fellow, you'll gain access to this network of new and established leaders who will continue to inspire and sustain you in the program and beyond.
Impact Fellowship Stipend
The 10-month placement offers a $47,500 stipend ($58,000 annualized; before applicable taxes and other withholdings), plus benefits.
Timeline & Process Overview
● The current deadline to apply is June 8, 2021.
● Complete selection process between June - July
● Become a finalist in our Onboarding process and interview with Partners in August
● Learn if you'll be confirmed as a Fellow in early September
● Placements begin in mid-to-late September 2021
● Fellowship programming begins Fall 2021
Make Your Mark
The Impact Fellowship might be right for you if...
- You're a strategic, creative problem solver who wants to use your skills to create impact.
- You're excited about data — whether you're conducting complex analysis or leveraging data to drive strategic decision-making.
- You're considering graduate school and want to broaden your pre-graduate school experience.
- You're completing a graduate program and want to leverage your skills in a career of social impact.
- You’re a professional looking to explore the education space and make a career transition.
Looking for a summer internship? Learn more here.
- Download the Education Pioneers Impact Fellowship brochure
- Download the Education Pioneers Impact Fellowship job description
- Attend an Education Pioneers event
The application for the EP Impact Fellowship is open. Apply by Tuesday, June 8 to complete the selection process by late July and become a Finalist in our Onboarding process in August for placements starting in September. Start your application >>